Saturday, September 8, 2012

Scott K. McMillan

Wow...It has been what, 5 months since I have updated? Sorry, we haven't had the internet! But, a LOT has happened obviously in these past few months. Last I updated, I was still pregnant. how crazy.

 Beginning the middle of April, I had been put on strict bed rest and we had been going back and forth from the hospital because I had developed preeclampsia-I had high protein levels and high blood pressure. On the 3rd of May we went in, and my protein level had doubled from the day before-which isn't good. The doctor came in to speak with us, and said that we didn't have much of a choice of what to do. So they sent me home to do one more 24 hour urine test, and said that when I come back the next day, if my protein levels were high still, then they would induce me-or even if they weren't any higher but stayed the same, they would still induce. Imagine how I felt then! I was not even close to being ready-I still thought I had a whole month left to get ready. So we went home, and packed the hospital bag-we were so nervous!!! Skip to the next day-we went to the hospital in the afternoon, after my 24 hrs were up, and lo and behold my protein level had gone up. Thus began the induction at 2 am.

On oxygen to keep Scott's heartrate up

I was dilated to a 1 already before they even started-and that was 4 weeks before I was even due-by 4 am I had dilated to a 3 or 4. Apparently I had been having contractions already, but I didn't even feel them at all. Boy, was I in for a surprise. (thank goodness for epidurrals...almost) 6 o'clock rolls around, and they came and broke my water. After that, it sped up quite a bit. My epidurral couldn't keep up with how fast my labor was going, and I have a newfound awe of women who go natural. Contractions HURT! Thankfully my midwife was there and said to start pushing! 20 minutes later, Scott K. McMillan was born. May 6th, 2012. He was perfect. And soo handsome. He was little-weighed only 4 lbs. 11 oz.

My sweet sweet husband, first day as a Dad :)

 He was fully developed, and our little miracle-but he had trouble eating enough and keeping his body temperature up. So he was placed in the NICU. That was the hardest time for me, because I was not able to get up and see him for almost a whole day, because I was still recovering from my epidurral, and they also had me on magnesium and I had a dumb catheter for a while cause I couldn't get out of bed. But, when I did get to see him, I still couldn't believe he is mine. He is so perfect and beautiful, and I wanted to get him out of that hospital!

What a cutie pie!

Two of my most favorite boys

5 days later, he was released from the hospital, and we got to go home!!!

He has been such a joy to KC and I, and we love our little Scotty to pieces. The past 4 months have been incredible, and he has brought such happiness into our lives. At his 4 month checkup, he weighed 12 lbs 1 oz-almost tripling his birth weight.

He has learned how to roll over from his tummy to his back, he can grab at toys, hold them and shake them, he loves chewing on his fingers and still hasn't learned that when he chokes on them, not to take them out :P He loves to smile, and has even given me a laugh a few times. He loves it when daddy comes home, and talks to him like crazy. He has such a wonderful personality already, and we are so excited to raise our little miracle boy :)

1 month old

Beam me up Scotty! (his aunt Tam made this for him)

His first play-the Wizard of Oz

Perfect, cute little face!

2 months old

(I'm sorry I don't have updated phone is being dumb)

No comments:

Post a Comment